Challenges with operations management:
Performance-related issues always get reduced to a revenue and/or profitability figure. Most often however, a revenue or profitability issue has multiple causes and fixing the problem requires a holistic and systemic approach. Below is a short list of situations that are the symptoms of a performance management weakness in local or international organizations.
- There is no process to allocate ressources to clients and activities and to measure their real utilization.
- Objectives and the associated metrics are not balanced to take into account all the key parameters that create and maintain performance over time.
- There is no transparency on performance across the organization.
- The renewal of existing contracts is not proactively managed.
- Expectations from the Headquarters do not take local specifics into account.
- Best practice is not shared across the local and international sales team.
- There are strong price variations across markets with no rational behind. This creates embarassing situations with clients and prospects.
Because a company is a system, each of the above issues can result from or create issues in other areas. Take a look at related issues in Marketing & Communications, Global Sales, Client Service, or Team Dynamic. See also how our Services help fix these issues.