B2B Marketing and (Key) Account Management are two key components of a company’s performance. This is true for companies of all size. For more businesses, these two areas also represent serious challenges.
Usual Account Management challenges
- Establish a consistency of practice across the whole organisation
- Find the right balance between acquiring and developing clients
- Developing a good client intelligence in order to detect opportunities
- Train and develop superior Account Management skills within the team
- In global organizations, drive sufficient cross-country collaboration to generate and leverage international opportunities
Usual B2B Marketing challenges
- Become visible and relevant to true decision-makers or influencers
- Understand and influence the business ecosystem with true topical expertise
- Keep marketing activities consistent over time and across multiple channels
- Adapt to local specifics while keeping global consistency
- Manage resource limitations and “achieve more with less”
The need for a multidisciplinary approach
Like other business-related matters, most “Go to Market”-related challenges are systemic. Focusing on a specific marketing or sales technique brings only punctual improvements that do no last and fail at putting the company ahead of its competitors. Maximizing the Go to Market performance is best achieved by looking at B2B Marketing, Communications and Sales as a whole, and by taking a global view on how clients are managed. This is true for a start-up but also for a much larger company with global operations.
Read more on other factors that influence the performance of Account Management and Marketing